Najma Mohamed was policy director with the Green Economy Coalition until February 2023
Najma has a background in climate, environment and sustainable development and has been involved in designing, implementing and profiling transformative and inclusive approaches to policy and practice. She has worked in research, civil society and the public sector, at multi-levels and across geographies and economic sectors. This includes stakeholder facilitation and engagement in policy processes.
Sustainability transformations; green economy; public policy; governance; science-policy interface; green jobs and just transitions; social inclusion; skills and education; ecological ethics; political ecology.
- International Labour Organisation
- Green Fund, Development Bank of Southern Africa
- Institute for Poverty, Land and Agrarian Studies, University of the Western Cape
- Environmental Advisory Unit, University of Cape Town
- PhD (environmental ethics and education), Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- MSc environmental and geographical science, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- BSc environmental and geographical science, University of Cape Town, South Africa